Tomorrow I have some exciting news to share with ya all, so make sure you check back.
On to your regularly scheduled program.7.2 mile run (1:07)
My legs were perturbed about today's run.This was my third run in the same number of days along with a butt kicking in spin class on Saturday.
My legs were complaining heavily.
Until I hooked up with Steph that is. Then she and I were so busy catching up they couldn't get a word in edgewise.
Running with friends rock!
Steph had 22 miles on her training plan today. Yikes! Lucky for her it rained all 22 miles of it<---sarcasm
She's a honey badger, she don't care.
Ehh and neither do I. Running in the rain was just as fun today as it was yesterday.
I'll be sure I get my vitamin C to ward off any colds that might follow my rainy day adventures.
Luckily there doesn't seem to be a shortage around here.
Which is good because I wasn't the only one having rainy day adventures!
Hey, let's make PIZZA! Todd and I really enjoy this pizza. The kids usually opt for plain old cheese and pepperoni. They need to learn to step out of the box but until they do Todd and I are happy to have this pizza to ourselves.
I precook chicken on days when I want to feel productive and freeze it in perfect portions for casseroles and such.
Use freezer bags. I was out so I double bagged.
Having precooked chicken in the freezer is a major time saver and handy to have for those unproductive days when you forget about making supper until it's already supper time.
Please tell me I'm not the only ones who looks at the clock at 5:30 pm and is stunned it's dinner time already.
I'm sure you all are way more on top of it than me but just in case my blog rubs off on you, here is a great fast pizza for you.
Just like most of my favorite recipes I rarely make it the way the recipe dictates. Add or subtract whatever you like or have on hand.
New Mexico-Style Pizza
Adapted from Light and Tasty
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the salsa verde, lime juice, cumin, salt and oregano; spread over crust. Top with chicken, corn, onions and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
Add tomato, jalapenos, peppers, olives, different cheeses, etc. Get creative people :-)